Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Owner Fights To Save Dog From Death

Officials Want To Euthanize Animal After It Attacked Woman

Reporting
Stephanie Lucero (CBS 11 News) A dog owner plans a protest at 11 a.m. Tuesday outside the McKinney Municipal Court to stop the city from euthanizing his dog.

Anthony Kallas believes his dog, Rocky, deserves another chance after biting a woman in the face.

Cora Brown is still recovering and will require additional surgery to correct the damage to her face.

The 67-year-old said she was in her daughter's front yard when the dog ran out of the house and attacked her. The ordeal has left her emotionally, as well as physically scarred, and Brown wants the dog euthanized.

"I just don't want to see this dog hurt someone else and it is my firm belief that if this dog is released, he will against hurt someone."

Kallas disagrees with the assumption.

"He's my best friend, man. We're like this," the distraught owner said emotionally. "I don't go anywhere without this dog. This is my bro, this is my family."

The city claims this was an unprovoked attack that caused serious bodily injury.

The judge in this case won't comment.

No comments: